Due to the growth of our client, Pro1 Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting, new opportunity that has arose at busy multi-sector depot in Stoke on Trent.
Assisting the Operations Manager and working alongside a strong Operations team, the main focus of the role will be the daily management of the site, ensuring that all legal requirements are adhered to correctly and vehicles are of roadworthy standard.
If you’re someone, who is passionate about people and delivering excellence then this role will be right for you.
This role is working 4 on 4 off on a rotating 0600 - 1800, 1800 - 0600 basis.
What will I be responsible for?
- Ensuring compliance with Working Time Directive regulations with drivers, and addressing non-conformance
- Managing all elements of tachograph compliance for drivers and vehicles, overseeing the logging and action planning of all DVSA stops
- Reporting all CPC non-compliance to the operations manager
- Supporting in the vehicle and trailer maintenance programme, which includes servicing, MOTs, VOR, cab checks and associated records
- Maintaining our in-house Transform database and following up all defects with the fleet department
- Managing the company process following accidents and incidents including the completion of relevant systems
- Planning and managing depot payroll, including the projection of weekly manning levels, booking agency drivers, authorising overtime, enabling pay queries and ensuring that depot logs maintained
- Overseeing the management of absences and holidays for all drivers
- Ensuring that all personnel files are up to date incorporating licence validation, personal details, completed training etc.
- Checking and authorising all weekly expense claims made by drivers
- Ensuring that all training needs are met for drivers including inductions, re-training and Safe Systems of Work
- Completing weekly KPI reports and following up on poor performance
What kind of person are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who’s able to demonstrate previous experience and success within a supervisory position in transport & logistics/ FMCG environment.
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows package (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working within the Transport & Logistics industry, with a CPC National Qualification.