Due to the growth of our client, Pro1 Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting, new opportunity that has arose at busy retail depot in Birmingham.
What’s the role?
The purpose of the role is to play a central role in creating effective transport plans for our customer within the Retail sector whilst complying with legal responsibilities.
The shifts are fixed 4 on 4 off 1800 - 0600.
What will I be responsible for?
- The effective management and planning of drivers, through on-going communication and using state-of-the-art transport software
- Controlling and planning an agreed amount of resource (vehicles, drivers, trailers); ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to (Working Time Directive and EU Drivers’ Hours regulations)
- To ensure the daily plan is completed in real time managing resources effectively; maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost
- Ensure that the internal tracking systems are kept organised and updated to an exceptional standard
- Make regular use of in-house planning tools and systems to manage workload and monitor efficiency
- Understanding and achieving key performance targets relating to the safety and efficiency of the fleet
- Constantly communicate with the Customer Service teams and Drivers to ensure customer KPI’s and targets are achieved and maintained
- Develop an understanding and experience of working with the Planning Regulatory framework, ensuring you keep up to date with policy and best practice as it develops
What kind of person are we looking for?
The successful candidate, will be able to work on their own initiative, with the willingness to resolve complex issues. They should be able to comfortably organise their own workload and will be able to work in a pressurised environment to meet key deadlines. Strong verbal and written communication are essential requisites
You should be PC literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word in particular. Some geographic knowledge would also prove advantageous.